Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

Simpson/Fidler Desendant

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Dawna

Simpson/Fidler Desendant

Post by Dawna » Wed May 16, 2012 6:37 pm

I am a descendant of Amelia Fidler(daughter of Charles Fidler son of Peter) and spouse John Mckenzie Simpson(Son of Sir George Simpson and Margarite Taylor)
Son Charles Simpson and spouse Adeline Denig
Son Archibald Simpson and spouse Margarite G. Harrison
Daughter Mildred D. Simpson and spouse Richard E. Blonjeaux
Daughter Myself- Dawna.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Simpson/Fidler Desendant

Post by gnstill » Wed May 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Welcome Dawna!

Very interesting! I’ve been trying to learn more about Adeline DENIG’s origins. I have her born 1854 at Fort Union, North Dakota, daughter of Betsy ASSINIBOINE & Edouard Thompson DENIG/ DENNING (1812-1858) who was born in Pennsylvania, USA. Do you have info on that family?

Dawna

Post by Dawna » Sun May 27, 2012 8:56 am

Hi gstill
I have a few articles on Adeline Denig. I have that she & Charles were married about 1879 in perhaps the Boyne Settlement, B. 25 Mar. 1857 in St. James RRS, daughter of Edwin Thompson Denig and Haikeeskaweya (Deer little Woman). My article reads that Deer Little Woman is Edwins Second wife. Denig had an eldest son, Robert with his previous Indian woman who there is little known about. He had three other children: Sarah, Alexander and Ida Born in 1854. I see that my articles conflict in Adelines birth date one says shes born 1854 other says 1857. It says the family moved to Red River Setlement in Canada in 1856.
I have a few articles and pictures if you are interested?
Edwin has a few books that I would like to get hold of: Five Indian Tribes of the Upper Missouri and The Assiniboine.
Thank you,
Dawna

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun May 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks very much Dawna
This essentially agrees with what I have, so I guess I'm on the right track.
Regards
Gary