Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

ERRORS in Bio of Roderick McKENZIE Sr. and JR.

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
blue

ERRORS in Bio of Roderick McKENZIE Sr. and JR.

Post by blue » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:29 am

few mistakes Roderick sr. born abt. 1791 or 2 Gairloch Co. Rosshire HBC archives, entered service in NWC late 1700's clerk for NWC 1790's

next error Roderick McKenzie Jr. HBC archives born 1791, Gairloch, Rosshire HBC archives, entered service 1811, Stornoway
wife Sarah(Sally) Sutherland daughter of Chief Factor James Sutherland, Metis,
married 1823, HBC archives
Roderick Jr. died 1829 at Portneuf, Mille Vuches district(St. Lawrence Seaway)
Oregon Historical Society, he froze to death
wife Sarah died 1828 nine days after delivering premature son
4 orphaned granddaughters raised by maternal grandfather James Sutherland, Red River settlement - my branch of tree

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: ERRORS in Bio of Roderick McKENZIE Sr. and JR.

Post by gnstill » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Welcome to the Forum Blue!

Where are the errors you are talking about? On this website, or in a Bio somewhere?

I do have information about the Roderick McKENZIE who married Sarah SUTHERLAND, and what I do have seems to agree with your information. However, I don’t think I posted it on this website.

blue

Post by blue » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:21 am

Sorry if I confused you, the errors are posted on this web site, Peter Fidler .com at the beginning of Roderick Sr.'s bio. and later a small mention of Roderick Jr., just found this site and maybe I am a little behind the eight ball and it has been updated.
Just couldn't let it go when I saw what was posted about Roderick Jr. which is the branch I am from.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 am

Ha ha hah!

Actually it was your posting that provided me with a kick in the pants to make that correction this morning. I had mistaken YOUR Roddy for OUR Roddy with regards to his posting at Fort Wedderburn. I realized that error some time ago, just needed that prod to do the changes.

I have YOUR Roddy's children as follows:
1. c1818 ARABELLA (ANNABELLA) McKENZIE (m1. John Clarke SPENCE; m2. James TAYLOR)
2. Oct, 1821 MARGARET McKENZIE (Died in her teens)
3. May, 1824 JESSIE (ELIZABETH) McKENZIE (m. Philip KENNEDY)
4. Jan 10, 1825 JEMIMA McKENZIE (m1. William James ROSS; m2. William COLDWELL)
5. Un-named Son (Died at birth)

Can you provide a little more info regarding your own lineage? Which daughter was your ancestor?

Also would love to know more about YOUR Roddy's parents in Scotland. Do you have anything on that?

blue

Post by blue » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Do not have much on Roderick Sr. parents just father Alexander of Ullapool d. March 12, 1802.

My line is through Jessie McKenzie, B.1821 m. Phillip Kennedy B.1816
they had 12 children and my gggrandmother was Elizabeth Margaret Kennedy B.1843 m. Thomas Taylor Jr. B.1831, their daughter Caroline Mary "Jessie" Taylor B.1862 m. William Phillip Beaupre B.1881, they were my great grandparents their daughter Louise Veronique Beaupre was my grandmother from Onoway, Alta., her youngest was my mother.

Gets very complicated, hope you can follow my ramblings.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks Blue!

Regarding YOUR Roderick's father, please check my posting at: Link

blue

Post by blue » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:56 am

whew

what a tangled web of McKenzies, agree doesn't look like my Roderick Jr. is Sr.'s son, guess should not assume the same last and first names mean related. Not sure WHO Jr.'s father is, oh well one more x to put down. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me very interesting reading none the less.