Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

Orkney baptism

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
BarryDurie

Orkney baptism

Post by BarryDurie » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 am

Hi, Gary........Nice to see a forum about old Peter up and running. For now, just one question. Where did your information come from regarding Thomas Fidler returning to Europe with his father (Peter) in 1808, to be baptized in the Orkneys. After years of research, the only return trip I could find was Peter's sojourn back to Bolsover in 1811-1812, alone, where he built his mother a house, returning to Red River to spend the rest of his life in the North West.
I will call back in a few days. Regards...........Barry Durie.
P.S. Bruce Mayo said to say hello.

gnstill
Site Admin

Thomas Jonathan FIDLER's baptism

Post by gnstill » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:32 am

Quote from Heather Hallett's "Children of the Rivers", Volume 1, page 74: Thomas Jonathan FIDLER - "was taken to England by his father in 1808. The first thing Peter FIDLER seems to have done upon reaching the other side of the Atlantic is to take Thomas and have him properly baptised. Thomas was baptised in Stromness, in the Orkney Isles of Scotland on 12 Oct. 1808 by the Reverend CLOUSTON. The ceremony was witnessed by John BALLENDEN and D. GEDDES, "Esqures".

kelfid

Re: Orkney baptism

Post by kelfid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 am

Hi Barry! Kelly here :) I have not been here for awhile now! My bad! :( lol but thought I would stop by and saw your response. It's Funny I came by after a few years and to see that you posted a response to my investigation, recently! I live in Vancouver btw :)

I though when someone responds to something here I would get an email! :shock: lol Hope you are well my new found kin!