Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

LIZOTTE

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

LIZOTTE

Post by gnstill » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 am

Joseph Xavier LIZOTTE b-1896, son of Eliza/Elise PRIMEAU & Joseph LIZOTTE b-1859

Khokum wrote: As for my grandfather I am looking for more info with this line. I know he was b 1896 (not sure if the US or not. He served in both WW1 and WW2. I am trying to get his military records.
I know he had siblings which I believe were: Jean LIZOTTE m Julie MERCREDI, Jeannie LIZOTTE m Joe LIBERTY (in San Clara, MB) , Mary LIZOTTE m --- McRAE, Elvina Engela LIZOTTE m Togo ENGE c: 1) Viola m ---- 2) Adele m. ---- Gow 3)Mabel m. ---- Stewart 4) Bill 5) Claudette m. ---- Gow 6) Anne m. C ----- Chambers -Authur LIZOTTE; Frank LIZOTTE which had a son by the name of Joe, Xavier Henery LIZOTTE with children: (Evelyn, Wilfred, Edwin, Lorette) ; Fred LIZOTTE,; Marcel LIZOTTE; Virginia LIZOTTE m ---- LALIBERTE; and Alexander LIZOTTE with children (Donald Joseph, Ronald Alexander, Brenda Ann, Marion Joyce, and Mary Jane) This info was gotten off a copy of the Last Will and Testiment of Alfred LIZOTTE. (I'm trying to get the funeral records ) These were listed as surviving heirs. Not much for me to go on yet.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: LIZOTTE

Post by gnstill » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:29 am

In Census 1916, Xavier LIZOTTE (age 20) was recorded with his parents (Eliza PRIMEAU & Joseph LIZOTTE b-1859 in Shell River.

I have Xavier’s military record, summarized as follows:
WWI Attestation: Dated Jan 12, 1918 at Brandon, MB: Xavier LIZOTTE, Farmer of Duck Mountain, MB; born Feb 9, 1896 in St John, North Dakota, USA. Age 21; 5’ 7 ¾ “, dark complexion, brown eyes, black hair. Next of kin: his father: Joseph LIZOTTE of Duck Mountain P.O.

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am

gnstill wrote:Joseph Xavier LIZOTTE b-1896, son of Eliza/Elise PRIMEAU & Joseph LIZOTTE b-1859

Khokum wrote: As for my grandfather I am looking for more info with this line. I know he was b 1896 (not sure if the US or not. He served in both WW1 and WW2. I am trying to get his military records.
I know he had siblings which I believe were: Jean LIZOTTE m Julie MERCREDI, Jeannie LIZOTTE m Joe LIBERTY (in San Clara, MB) , Mary LIZOTTE m --- McRAE, Elvina Engela LIZOTTE m Togo ENGE c: 1) Viola m ---- 2) Adele m. ---- Gow 3)Mabel m. ---- Stewart 4) Bill 5) Claudette m. ---- Gow 6) Anne m. C ----- Chambers -Authur LIZOTTE; Frank LIZOTTE which had a son by the name of Joe, Xavier Henery LIZOTTE with children: (Evelyn, Wilfred, Edwin, Lorette) ; Fred LIZOTTE,; Marcel LIZOTTE; Virginia LIZOTTE m ---- LALIBERTE; and Alexander LIZOTTE with children (Donald Joseph, Ronald Alexander, Brenda Ann, Marion Joyce, and Mary Jane) This info was gotten off a copy of the Last Will and Testiment of Alfred LIZOTTE. (I'm trying to get the funeral records ) These were listed as surviving heirs. Not much for me to go on yet.

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 am

gnstill wrote:In Census 1916, Xavier LIZOTTE (age 20) was recorded with his parents (Eliza PRIMEAU & Joseph LIZOTTE b-1859 in Shell River.

I have Xavier’s military record, summarized as follows:
WWI Attestation: Dated Jan 12, 1918 at Brandon, MB: Xavier LIZOTTE, Farmer of Duck Mountain, MB; born Feb 9, 1896 in St John, North Dakota, USA. Age 21; 5’ 7 ¾ “, dark complexion, brown eyes, black hair. Next of kin: his father: Joseph LIZOTTE of Duck Mountain P.O.
Thank you, I will try and connect some more dots.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 am

On Jan 28 Kohkum wrote: Okay, its been a while, but I do have the copy of the 1916 Census showing Joseph Lizotte and Eliza Lizotte with all their children - age from birth for them differ from the 1900 USA Census and couriously Xavier Lizotte is not even listed on there.........do you have further info for the names of Joseph Lizotte and Eliza (Elsie) Primeau.......also understand all Lizottes come from Gillume s, of Robert Lizot born abt 1619 in Normandy, France and Gillame landed in Quebec and :roll: :roll: :roll: married Anne Pelletier....am I on the right track

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 am

When you examine the actual handwritten documents in these census records, you can see where the census takers frequently made errors and even perhaps omissions (their handwriting is also difficult to read). However, by comparing these census records, and with more dependable information that we already have, all of these records do appear to be referring to Eliza (Elise) PRIMEAU and Joseph LIZOTTE (1866-1937). Let’s examine each one:

US Census 1900, Rolette, ND:
You are correct; Xavier does not appear in this record. However the siblings listed here match those recorded in the other censuses. Why Xavier is not listed is anybody’s guess. Perhaps he was simply missed.
Census 1911, Dauphin Dist:
Again, appears to be the same family (and the children match fairly well with those from the other Censuses) but instead of Xavier we have a hard to read name that has been interpreted as Alex. The problem here is that there are two Alex’s listed; obviously one of them is not really Alex, and my guess is that the ‘Alex’, age 15 should actually be Xavier
Census 1916, Dauphin Dist:
Finally someone got Xavier’s name correct. Similar siblings and Xavier is age 20, comparing well with the ‘Alex’, age 15 from the previous census.

Joseph LIZOTTE was born in February, 1866 in Canada; married in 1892 to Eliza (Elise) PRIMEAU, daughter of Marie MORIN & Jeremie PRIMEAU b-1844.

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Thank you so much, you obviously know your stuff....I have been all over the map trying to track info down....I do appreciate your help,,,I was starting to get worried we didn't exist, ha, ha :lol:

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi gnstill, I have run into a problem.....I look at my grandfather's death certificate and it states his father was John Desjarlais and mother was Adelle Belgarde. but I can not find this anywhere, Saint Boniface has it recorded that his father was Alexandre Minie Desjarlais and Caroline Sayer. Could they have raised him? do you have any insight on this? and should I post this on Desjarlais forum?

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:50 am

This is all about DESJARLAIS so I will post my reply on that Forum (avoids confusion); please do the same.

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:36 pm

:D Gary, I just wanted to say thank you for all your help, with you pointing me in the right direction, I was able to take my tree back to Robert Lizot , 1620, my 8th ggf, and have made contact with my grandfather's sibling's children and grandchildren. I have also made contact with my ggm Elise Primeau's family and take that line also back to 1640, my 8th ggf. Once again, thank you for all your help. I continue to look for my other lines.