Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

Joseph Henry Morin

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
aubichone

Joseph Henry Morin

Post by aubichone » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:42 am

I'm looking for information about Joseph Henry Morin, son of Cyprien Morin and Marie Cook. Any birth or death dates about him would be wonderful! Thanks!

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Joseph Henry Morin

Post by gnstill » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:57 am

Joseph Henry MORIN was born on Jan 28, 1868, probably at the HBC post of Cold Lake or at Green Lake, SK.

Around 1888 Joseph married Pelagie LINKLATER (his first cousin).

In Census 1891 he and Pelagie (with two children) were enumerated in the Green Lake area, living with Joseph's brother (Piere MORIN).

Censuses 1901 and 1906 have him and his family in the same area.

In Census 1916 we find him in the North Battleford district (61-15-W3). In this census he's described as a Trapper, with Cree origins. Curiously, his wife is named Marie in this census.

Children re Censuses and Eman:
1, 1889 OCTAVIE MORIN
2. Mar 22, 1890 NORBERT (HENRY) MORIN (m. Florence FIDDLER)
3. Apr 2, 1892 AUGUSTINE MORIN (m. Theophile AUBICHON)
4. May 5, 1895 CHRISTINE MORIN
5. Feb 10, 1897 MARIE ANGE MORIN (m. Theodore (Mus-kay-gaw) FIDDLER)
6. 1901 CYRIL ANGE MORIN
7. 1903 LEON MORIN
8. c1906 JERDILE ANGE MORIN

aubichone

Post by aubichone » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:41 am

Again, thank you for all the information. We are related to Augustine Morine, and her husband Theophile is where we get our Aubichon name. Did you happen to have any info on his family at all, I've seem to have hit a wall after his father Jean Baptist Aubichon.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Erin

You must be the beautiful young lady singer I spotted on U-Tube?

Just for you I've posted a new topic. Here's the Link: JEAN BAPTISTE AUBICHON

Can you tell me your hubby's grandparents' names?

mixedblood

Post by mixedblood » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Joseph Henry Morin is my great-grandfather and was born in the year 1868, I am the grandson of Norbert Morin.
Here is a picture of Joseph Henry Morin, click the link: http://www.metismuseum.ca/resource.php/10853

You will find this Metis site very helpful, just type your family names into the search engine and you will find a wealth of pictures and information. You are my cousin on the Aubichon side as well, my great grandmother is Marguerite Aubichon, as the wife of Norbert Fraser.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 am

Jules

Regarding Margaret AUBICHON’s first husband (Jean Baptiste MORIN). Do you know who his parents were?
Also, do you have the lineage from Norbert FRASER to your parents?

Regarding that picture with the caption/description: Left, Joe MORIN, son of Cyprien. The description appears to indicate that Joe is the man on the left (just a dark silhouette). Who then is the man at the right? Cyprien? Confusing!

aubichone

Post by aubichone » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm

gnstill wrote:Hi Erin

You must be the beautiful young lady singer I spotted on U-Tube?

Just for you I've posted a new topic. Here's the Link: JEAN BAPTISTE AUBICHON

Can you tell me your hubby's grandparents' names?

That's funny! No I'm not her, although I did google my name a while back and watched her videos!

I'm so appreciative of the information! I couldn't find anything on Jean Baptiste parents and this is wonderful news!

My husbands great grandparents are Theophile Aubichon and Augustine Morin, and his grandparents are Charles Aubichon and Mary Anne Ross.

Thanks again!

mixedblood

Post by mixedblood » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm

This is too cool - Charlie Aubichon an Mary Aubichon (nee Ross) were my godparents, also Charlie was my dad's first cousin by way of Charlie's mother being my grandpa Norbert Morin's sister.

Jean Baptiste Morin is also the brother of Joseph Henry Morin, both are sons of Cyprien Morin and Mary Cook. As for the picture I posted of Joe Morin, I just noticed the caption on the left stating that he's the silhouette on the left, that is confusing - my cousins up in the N.W.T.'s have an original close up picture of Joseph Henry Morin - I seen the picture when I was much younger.

My descendancy from Norbert Fraser is on my maternal side and is as follows.

1.) Norbert Fraser and Marguerite Aubichon.
2.) Isabelle Fraser and Alex Bishop.
3.) Evelyn Bishop and Jules Morin Sr.
4.) Me.

I`ve been unable to find out anything about Norbert Fraser and I know my grandpa Alex`s political career is very well documented, but I don`t know much about his parents - other than their names, and the fact his mother was Cree/Metis and his dad was German, possibly American.

If you go to this link http://www.metismuseum.ca/main.php you can type most of these names in and view lots of pictures of our family members and relatives.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Good information Jules. I'm gradually filling in the blanks about Cyprien's children.

mmmorin

Post by mmmorin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 pm

My Great Great Grandfather is Cyprien Morin, and my Great Grandfather is Joseph Morin.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:26 pm

From now on MORIN ancestry will be found on Red River Ancestry.ca

Please go to this link and in future post replies at the Topic Link provided there. You will need to re-register for that website in order to make postings there.
Here's the link: ANTOINE MORIN (1800-1857)

Sorry for the inconvenience.