Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

DESJARLAIS

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

Re: DESJARLAIS

Post by gnstill » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 am

For Kohkum: Adelle BELLEGARDE b-1884 was the daughter of Marie FIDLER and Pierre BELLEGARDE b-1859 (her 2nd husband). Marie’s first husband was Pierre DESJARLAIS b-1858, son of Josephte FAGNANT & Andre DESJARLAIS b-1822.

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi, I'm a little confused, the dates for Adelle Bellegarde does not go with being the mother of Jean Baptiste Desjarlais b 06 12 1875 and was other husband Pierre Desjarlais much younger that her. And who was Marie Fidler's parents.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 am

I'm sorry, I screwed up on my last posting. Pierre DESJARLAIS b-1858 was Marie FIDLER's first husband. I have re-edited that posting.

Marie FIDLER b-1852 was the daughter of Marguerite McGILLIS & William FIDLER (1827-1895). Here's the link to his page: WILLIAM FIDLER (1827-1895)

jsyoung

Post by jsyoung » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm

In regards to Eugene (not sure but his middle name could be Louis) Desjarlais, I am having trouble finding any documentation that he was married to a Fluery, the only thing I can find is in the Manitoba Vitals website that has a listing of him marrying a MARIE THÉRÈSE DESJARLAIS her father is listed as STANISLAS Desjarlais and mother VIRGINIE MACKAY.

Eugenes children that I have found are:

Agnes Therese Rita
Amy
charlie
Norman

Any help in this would be great.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 pm

I have info on Eugene who married Therese in 1903. Why do you think he married also to a FLEURY?
Are you related to this family?

jsyoung

Post by jsyoung » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am

Either you or Kohkum said this in a previous post.

Yes, my wife is, Eugene would be her great-great-grandfather.

Eugene daughter, if this is right, was Anges Therese Rita Desjarlais, her daughter was Mary Theresa Desjarlais, her daughter is Patrica Pelletier, and then Kim Limoges.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Who were your wife's grandparents and when and where were they born?

jsyoung

Post by jsyoung » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Fredrick Francis Henry B abt 1917 d. abt. 1979 (mother and father unknown)

Mary Theresa Desjarlais b. 1934 d. 2001
She was born in Sask, most likely Weyburn or Estevan.
Died in Regina, and buried in Weyburn.

We do have all the info on her, however we do not have much info on Fred, I have searched high and low for him as I can, we do know that he was buried in Marieval, Sk. I have searched ISC (sask vitals) and Man. vitals but have not produced any clues.

If you have any info or clues that would be great.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 am

Sorry for my part, this all has me bewildered - too many missing details to make much sense of it.

Perhaps someone who knows more will see all this and provide some enlightenment.

Kohkum

Post by Kohkum » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Gary, its been a while, but I have been doing a lot of research and have made some headways, its been a while, but I will try to fill you in and see where I need help if you can.

Going back to the subject of my gm Laura Clara Desjarlais, I have her birth certicate from Manitoba stating her name as being Clara Desjarlais, born Nov 25, 1908 d/o Jean Baptiste Desjarlais birth place not stated occupation Farmer and maiden name of mother Helene Desjarlais birthplace not stated - Registration Division Ellice. So yes, a relative married a relative..........but still not sure of the connection. I know Helene's line d/o Amable Desjarlais s/o Jean Baptiste Desjarlais and Josephte Fluery and Suzanne Pelletier d/o Charles Pelletier and Marie Fidler. I can take this line back Jean Jacque De Glaise and Fidler to 1534 and Pelletier so far to 1788 , but with my ggf, Jean Baptiste Desjarlais I'm not 100% sure on. One the one hand I find the 1881 Census to show J Baptiste Deserlais birth 1875 s/o Alex Deserlais and Caroline Deserlais (Sayer) and sibling Marrie Deserlais age 3 and then the 1901 Census shows him as John B Desjarlis b Mar 1, 1875 s/o Alex (mine) Desjarlis, Charoline Desjarlis, his siblings Mary A Desjarlis 22, George Desjarlis 19, Boise Desjarlis 16, Alfred Desjarlis 14, Mary Jenny Desjarlis 6 then also Lillei Lamoureux 36 Georgea Lamoureux 8, Ren Lamoureux 7, Alex Lamoureux 6 and Lillei Lamoureux 4 I don't know why they were together though. the La Societe historique ce Saint-Boniface also has him with these parents. But that's when I get stumped......on his death certificate it clearly states his birth date is June 12, 1875 , death date July 12, 1941 at the age of 66, They spell his name John Baptiste Desjarlais parents John Desjarlais b Manitoba, and Adelle Belgarde b Manitoba and is signed by his son in law, Xavier Lizotte (my grandfather) and undertaker LV Kelly of Rocanville, Sk (which was Lawrence Victor Kelly, husband to Rosalie Marie Desjarlais, his daughter)

Either way, my ggp were related. Helene's gf Jean Baptiste Desjarlais b1832 is the brother to her husband JeanB 's father Alex .I'm not quite sure the relation though......lol......would that mean she married her grand uncle?

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Kohkum: This Peter Fidler Wesbsite now only focuses on direct FIDLER descendants with that surname. My new website is designed to deal with other surnames. RED RIVER ANCESTRY

Regarding your DESJARLAIS ancestors, please go to your Great-Great-Great Grandparents at this link:
GEORGE SAYER (1812-1882)

I will be moving your posting to this link:
FORUM DISCUSSING DESCENDANTS of GEORGE SAYER (1812-1882)

Looks like you share ancestors with my late wife.
P.S.
You will probably have to re-register for that Website.