Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

George Fidler

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
rose helene

George Fidler

Post by rose helene » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:58 pm

Hello there, I am very excited to find that this forum is here and I know it will bring alot of us cousins and relatives together. My Grandmother was Rose Helene Victoria Fidler, she was adopted by her mother's parents - Geore Fidler and Elise Lane. George was the son of George Fidler and Marie Laplante, and that George was the son of George Fidler and Nancy Black. I hope I explained that well enough. I started researching my family history a few years ago. I have never been able to find out who my Grandmother's father was. She was born in Hodgson, Manitoba and her family was from St. Eustache, Manitoba. Her mother's name was Lucille Fidler. I have travelled to Manitoba twice now and have searched to no avail. Anyhow, I look forward to belonging to your forum and finding future family and relatives. Thanks for bringing all of this together.
Rose

gnstill
Site Admin

Rose Helene Victoria FIDLER

Post by gnstill » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Welcome to the Forum Rose
I have some information that I am still checking.
Manitoba Vital Stats has a Lucille FIDLER born Sep 10, 1895 in SFX, with her mother's maiden name as Elise LANE. Looks like same as Elizabeth or Lizzie who was your great grandmother. Lizzie appears in Censuses 1901, 1906 and 1911 in SFX with her parents (Eliae (nee LANE) & George FIDLER b-1867)

Do you have a birthdate for your grandmother Rose Helene Victoria FIDLER?

rose helene

George Fidler

Post by rose helene » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:13 pm

Hello there, I do have a Certificate of Baptism for my Grandmother, Rose Helene Victoria Fidler. It states that she was born on Dec. 12,1919. She was born in Hodgson and Baptised at the Immaculate Conception Church, in FisherBranch, Manitoba. I am not sure why her birthday states Dec. 12th, because we always celebrated her birthday on Dec. 1st. She never mentioned any other date of birth. That was a big surprise. Her mother has been known to use the name of Lizzie, Lucille. I could not find them listed at all on the 1911 census in SFX. Because my Grandmother was born out of wedlock, she never mentioned any information about her real father. I went to Fisherbranch and looked at the Baptismal and it only states that she is adopted by George Fidler and Elise Lane and baptized on the 12 of January, 1920. She always told us that her parents were her grandparents. I see that Lizzie Fidler was one of the sponsors. I also wonder why she was born so far away from St. Eustache. Anyhow, hope to hear from you soon,
Rose

gnstill
Site Admin

Lizzie FIDLER

Post by gnstill » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Lizzie & George FIDLER are definitely listed in Census 1911 as follows: Macdonald District #18, Sub-District 48 (St Eustache 2-12-3-W1): Georges FIDLER, age 40 (born May, 1871); wife Lizzie, age 35 (born Aug, 1875); and daughter Lizzie, age 15.
The Hodgson connection was Rose's maternal grandparents (Emilie & Edward LANE) who were recorded at Hodgson in Census 1911. Both Emile and Edward LANE died at Fisher Branch (Emilie in 1929 and Edward in 1937)

rose helene

George Fidler

Post by rose helene » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi there, after reading your reply I looked them up and I did find them. Thanks very much. They have listed themselves as Irish, English and Irish! I wonder where the Irish comes in? Do you or anyone else have any idea where I might find out the name of my Grandmother's Father? She only ever made one reference to the last name of Lapansee. I have searched for this name and not had much luck with that name in those areas. Do you know of any other places that I should try looking into? Thanks for all your help. I have copies of alot of baptism's, marriages and deaths from my line of the Fidler family. Most of it is in French and I have some trouble translating it all. Has anyone started a DNA project on the Fidler family? It is very intersting, I have done so on my Father's side. I have traced his father's line back, however I would need to do another one of his Mother's line and that would be the line of Lizzie Fidler and Elise Lane. I have started to do alot of studying with the DNA.
Any suggestions?
Rose