Home | Peter Fidler | Ancestors Index | History | Forum |

Peter Fidler Sr. direct descendant living in BC.

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Sharon Eyford

Peter Fidler Sr. direct descendant living in BC.

Post by Sharon Eyford » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:24 pm

I am brand new to this website, but when I saw the topic being Peter Fidler, I became very interested in what you are about. Peter Fidler was my Gr.Gr.Gr. Grandfather.
My Gr.Gr.Grandfather was Peter Fidler Junior b.July 2,1822 in Dauphin, Manitioba. He died Feb 1,1881 in St.Pauls Middlechurch, just north of what is now Winnipeg, Manitoba.
My Gr.Gr.Grandmother Amelia Bird b.Jan.4,1821 at Edmonton House in what is now Alberta. My Gr.Grandmother, Emily Amelia Fidler, was b. Jan. 25 1845 in Red River Settlement. She did in Feb. 11, 1881 in St.Pauls Middlechurch, Manitoba. She married in March 1872 and lived in Springfield, Manitoba. They had 7 children: 1 boy, 4 daughters, and 2 still born children. That left her husband 3 little girls to look after and work their farm in Springfield, after her and the last child a girl died.

I hope to to able to learn more of her life, if possible and connect with more of the children of PFJr or their descendants. Please connect with me if you can.
Sharon P.S. always looking for picture of this family or their descendants.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Peter Fidler Sr. direct descendant living in BC.

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello Sharon; nice to hear from you!
We already have a Forum Topic for Peter FIDLER. I will move your posting under that topic and reply there. (I’ll delete this posting later)

Click here to go there: FORUM DISCUSSING the PETER FIDLER JR FAMILY

When a Topic already exists, don’t press the < New Topic > button, but rather press the < Post Reply > button. That allows everyone interested in that family to be at the same place.
Thanks, Gary

BarryDurie

Post by BarryDurie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi, Sharon. My name is Barry Durie. You and I are third cousins. My great grandfather was William Charles Fidler, brother to Emilia Fidler. William Charles' only son was Peter Jasper Fidler, my grandfather. Jasper had three daughters, Marguerite Joan, Evelyn Mary, and my mother, Renee Madeleine. My father was Wilfred Harold Durie, and I was born in Selkirk in 1939. I have an extensive Fidler family tree, and you and your siblings, husband Norman,and children are all on it. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail any time you want to. Address is bkdurie@shaw.ca. I live in Chilliwack, BC. Hope to hear from you soon. Love to talk to you. Regards..........Cousin Barry.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Barry; good to hear from you!

As I explained above, We already have a Topic set for Peter Fidler Jr. at the link shown above. I am moving your posting there. I forgot to remove this Topic, but I will be doing so as soon as I have everyone going to the same place. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards, Gary Still

Sharon Eyford

Post by Sharon Eyford » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello Gary Anstil, here it is 2018 and I am still looking for more information on my Gr Grandmother Emily Amelia Fidler B: 2 Jan, 1845 daughter of Peter Fidler Jr. and Amelia Bird, Gr. daughter of Peter Fidler Sr.
I have enjoyed reading all about Peter Fidler Sr. and his families. I can't seem to find Emily Amelia in the 1870 Manitoba Census? Maybe she wasn't living at home (being about 25 yrs. old), did she have her own property by then? I was told she might have worked at Lower Fort Garry, but can't find that also. Haven't been able yet to find a marriage license or any information of her marriage to William Allan (Allen) Mann, who came to RRS from Ontario, part of Colonel Wolsley Military in about 1870? Yes, he was a white man. I have a lot of information of Emily after 1870's after her children were born but not before this? I would like to know if you have discovered anything about her? She had 7 children, 3 died in infancy, 1 boy died James when he was about 1yrs. old and then 3 daughters who survived (one being my Grandmother Caroline Catherine and 1 daughter who lived only a few months, named Emily.
I have scoured the Manitoba census of 1870 but have not seen any mention of her. I know she didn't vanish but can't find any information on her after her birth that I listed already. Can you help in any way?